Drainfast Ltd (“we” or “us”) has its head office at:- First Floor, Vision House, Bedford Road, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3QB – telephone number 01730 774000 email:- firstname.lastname@example.org . It is registered in England & Wales – Company Registration Number 7133601 whose registered office is at c/o Wise & Co. Wey Court West, Union Rd, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7PT with operational depots at:-
Midlands Depot:- Quarter Mile Drive, off Truggist Lane, Berkswell, Coventry, CV7 7BW
Southern Depot:- Scaifs Farm, Selborne Road, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 3HL
London Depot:- Unit 1, Thurrock Trade Park, Oliver Road, Grays, RM20 3ED
We are committed to protecting your personal data. This Policy, along with our Terms and Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us. We will adhere to the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Any matters relating to this Policy can be made to the Company Legal & Compliance Manager based at our head office – CLCM@drainfast.co.uk
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of data about you / your company which in the main fall into one or more of the following groups:-
- Identity data – e.g. name, username, contact details
- Contact data – e.g. placing an order, billing details, registered office, home address, email and contact telephone number(s)
- Financial data – e.g. credit account application, bank account details, VAT number, information held by credit / fraud agencies as well as payment cards
- Marketing & Communication data – e.g. requesting information existing or new products / services etc., a catalogue, subscription to our e-newsletter, your preferences as to whether you consent to receive marketing from us by post, email or telephone.
- Technical data e.g. IP address, login data, browser type an d other technology devices
- Profile data e.g. your username and password, products/ services provided to you/your company, feedback, survey responses etc.
- Usage data e.g. how you use our website
- Payment details
We may receive personal data about you / your business from various third parties and public sources i.e.
- Credit / fraud reference agencies
- Debt collection / tracing organisations
- Contract & Planning applications data from publicly available sources including local authorities, ABI etc., based in the UK.
We like to hear your views to help us to improve our products and services, so we may contact you for market research purposes by phone, post and/or email. You always have the choice about whether to take part or continue in our market research.
How do we use the information?
The law requires us to have one or more reasons to use your information:-
- Contract Performance – information needed to deliver product and or service
- Legal Obligation – e.g. verify your identity
- Legitimate interest – using your information where, on balance, the benefits of us doing so are legitimate and not outweighed by your interests or legal rights e.g. offering better products / services
- Respond to an enquiry from you
- Process credit card payments
- Undertake credit referencing in connection with account applications
- Provide products, and / or services, and to collect / recover monies owed
- Keep an accurate history of transactions and send you invoices and account statements
- Manage our relationship with you including notifying you about product / service updates, asking for feedback
- Administer and protect our business including our website
- Use data analytics to improve our website, products, services, marketing and customer relationships
- Deal with issues / complaints with you / your business and to prevent / detect crime, including fraud
How is your information protected?
We take protection of your data seriously and have appropriate process and technology security measures in place to keep it safe. Internally, we restrict access to personal information; only employees who need the information in order to administer their job responsibilities have access to it. We never transfer your data outside the UK.
Who do we share your information with?
We work with carefully selected UK-based suppliers to carry out certain functions on our behalf which may require that we securely transfer your data to them. Such functions include IT services, marketing services, market research, data profiling and processing payments. When we share personal data with other companies we require them to keep it safe and to only use the data for the purposes specified by us. Such companies are required to comply with current data legislation.
We have in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the relevant regulator of the breach where we are legally required to do so within 72 hours.
How long do we hold information for?
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the volume, type and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure. We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Your legal rights in relation to your information
The Law guarantees certain rights regarding your personal information that we hold about you:-
- Request Access to your personal data – you have the right to ask whether or not we hold information about you and you are entitled to a copy of that information.
- Request Correction of your personal data – we want to ensure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. If any of the information we hold is incorrect or incomplete please let us know in writing or by email email@example.com.
- Request erasure of your personal data – this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where you consider there is no longer any justification for us to have it
- the information is no longer needed for the reason we collected it for
- we held and used the information based only on your consent which you have now withdrawn
- we have been using the information unlawfully
- there is a legal obligation on us to erase the information
If we reject your request, we will inform you of our reasons as to why we will not erase or delete the information.
- Object to processing your personal data – where we are relying on our use of information for our legitimate interest, you can raise an objection to that use. We will stop using the information unless we disagree that we should because of a legal justification and inform you accordingly. *Remember you can always opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time; please let us know in writing or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can opt out of our e-newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom.
- Request restriction of processing – this enables you to ask to block or limit the use of your personal information by us when:
- You have challenged the accuracy of the information we hold
- You have objected to a use of information and we are considering whether your objection is valid
- We have been using your information unlawfully but you want us to continue to hold it rather than erase it
- Request transfer of your personal data – you have the right to get some information that you provided us, either direct to you or a third party you have chosen in a machine readable format
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data up and until you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please let us know in writing or by email CLCM@drainfast.co.uk
We will respond to requests for the information we hold on you within the required period. Initial requests will not be charged but we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive and alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request in certain circumstances.
In order to protect your personal data being disclosed to any person or company who has no right to receive it, we may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and to ensure your rights to access your personal data.
Who can I complain to? In the first instance, please contact us in writing or by email CLCM@drainfast.co.uk in order to resolve the issue. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk